Get the Look for Less: Vintage Modern
This 'vintage modern' kitchen remodel by Addison's Wonderland is an absolute dream! 😍 We LOVE the pale blue cabinets paired with the striking black, gold/brass, and white accents throughout the room. Check it out for yourselves! We hope it inspires you to try your own 'vintage modern' look in your own home.
Recreate the Look:
To recreate this look, try these shades:
- For dusty, pale blue cabinets with a satin finish, use Nuvo - Tidal Haze, part of our Coastal Collection.
- For a soft, cool black architectural or furniture accents with a matte finish, use Chalkworthy - Cast Iron.
White Granite/Marble: Use the White Diamond kit.
If you'd like a marble look, we have some helpful links for you; a blog post (using our older version of the White Diamond kit) from In My Own Style and our veining how-to video.
For those of you who don't know, we updated the kit contents of the White Diamond. We replaced the Inca Gold and Pearl Mica with Quartzite and Greystone to make it easier for our customers to get the bright white look they’re after. The links above reference the older kit contents, but you can achieve a beautiful White Diamond Kit with both the new and old kit! If you’re planning to do some veining, here are some tips on veining that may be helpful to you:
- Water the Ironcore Primer down slightly on a plate to use for veins.
- Use a very thin artist brush or a feather.
- Use very light pressure. We hold the instrument lightly, almost just by the top, and then lightly drag it around. Using a lot of paint (especially when it is not diluted) or a lot of pressure will result in less realistic looking lines.
- Let the veins dry before softening with White Limestone. Don’t worry if you feel like the veins are being covered, because the White Limestone is a thin paint so it will still pop through.
- Build up multiple layers of veins and White Limestone layers for realistic depth. Create highlights and natural “flows”.
- Try to avoid a symmetrical pattern. Use a sample piece of marble or a photo for inspiration.
- Know that any “mistake” you feel like you’ve made can be corrected. Contact us for creative advice if you get stuck!
Hardware + Accessories
Finish off your makeover with brass or gold hardware and pulls. Pair with brass or gold open pendant or beaded chandelier light fixtures. Add accents spaces to your kitchen with different tile backsplashes, such as white subway tile and black chevron tiles. Finally, use open shelving and vintage styled rugs.
Check out our website for all the color and design possibilities! We try our best to match the product packaging/marketing to the true color but paint colors inherently vary on different monitors and they way they appear in each person's unique home lighting and surrounding colors. To work around this issue, we do offer hand painted color swatches that we are happy to send out before starting your project.
If you’d like a swatch of any of our paint products, click on the image below to fill out a swatch request. Or contact us here.